Alan Casey Entertainment Agency - Australia
Brisbane - Sydney - Melbourne - Gold Coast - Sunshine Coast - Toowoomba -
Ipswich - North Coast
Emma Dean is a singer-songwriter and
multi-instrumentalist whose music and performances delve into the magical
world where live music meets theatre.
In Real Life Computer Game, the debut album from this unique performer, Emma continues to delve into new sonic territory. It’s BIGGER, it's BOLDER, it’s more ambitious than anything she’s ever done.
"...a masterpiece; no doubt about it....easily fits into my top 10 albums of the year so far." Kaz Mitchell, Inpress Magazine, Melbourne
Her theatrical fascination led Emma to the dark-side in early 2009 – the decadent world of cabaret. The musical Downside Up (co-written with Jacob Diefenbach) debuted to a sold out audience at The Judith Wright Centre in Brisbane. Shortly after, she began another theatrical collaboration with world renowned physical theatre company Zen Zen Zo for their “off kilter” adaptation of Shakespeare’s The Tempest.
"Her vocal performances match the attitude, never hitting one note when she can soar up and down arpeggios and scales to bring a song to a dramatic conclusion..." Chad Parkhill, Rave Magazine, Brisbane
And these are just the two most recent career highlights in an extensive catalogue, including:
- the release of three independent recordings (the most recent – her debut album Real Life Computer Game is distributed nationally through MGM)
- sold-out headlining shows in Brisbane, national headlining tours and successful solo shows in Berlin, Germany
- playing at national events including Woodford Folk Festival, Brisbane Festival, Australian International Music Market and Women In Voice 15
- performing as a guest artist for The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Kate Miller-Heidke, Angie Hart (Frente) and Teddy Geiger
- performing on the national telecast of "Spirit Of Christmas" as the lead female vocalist alongside David Campbell
- finalist in Qsong Awards (pop and jazz 2006, peoples choice 2008) and New Artist To Radio Competition 2008
- lead role in the short film Solitaire in 2007, the musical Downside Up and Zen Zen Zo productions The Tempest and An End To Dreaming.
- leading acting and singing role in the NIDA production of Medea, for which she also wrote several songs.